Tuesday, February 5, 2013

East Haven Mountain Cabin

 Tomorrow morning I leave for East Haven Cabin. Here are a few pictures from October when Rev. Miller and I did a one night test run.  This cabin is owned by "Shiloh" which is a retreat center in New Hampshire about 45 minutes away.

 The cabin has a woodburning stove for heat, limited electricity for some lights at night from solar panels and propane fuel for cooking. Its 12 ft. x 16ft.  and is very comfortable. It sits at 3000 ft. elevation and the trail to get up there is 2 miles long with over 1000 ft. rise. From the top you can see the states of NY, NH, Mass, Maine and Quebec, Canada. My purpose in going here is to spend a week of total silence and solitude with the Lord. This is my way of experiencing the "desert experience" of Jesus (who spent 40 days in the wilderness) and the early "desert father" who went to the Egyptian desert to draw closer to Jesus.  I'll let you know what the Lord has to say to me when I get back the end of next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment